Nobody knows phone service quite like ITC. We've been providing phone service to South Dakota and Minnesota for more than 68 years. We've learned a few lessons from our customers along the way — about providing the best quality service with a personal touch and helping customers get the services they need at an affordable price.
In addition to providing the highest quality digital phone, unlimited local calling, and long distance service, ITC offers a wide range of affordable calling features from Caller ID and Voice Mail, to features that screen telemarketers or allow you to forward your home phone calls to your wireless phone.
Lifeline is a federally-funded discount on broadband internet service or landline telephone service for qualified residents. The program offers a $5.25 per month discount on home landline or cell phone voice-only service OR a $9.25 discount on Internet service.
If you live on Tribal lands, you may qualify for additional discounts. Tribal Lands Link Up offers a one-time credit of up to $100 on installation or activation charges. Tribal Lands Lifeline offers a monthly credit of up to $34.25 on your landline or wireless telephone service plan.
For South Dakota: CLICK HERE
For Minnesota: CLICK HERE
Print Application or Worksheet:
MINNESOTA TELEPHONE ASSISTANCE PLAN
The Minnesota Telephone Assistance Plan (TAP) program is a state-funded monthly discount on landline telephone service for qualified residents in Minnesota. Lifeline recipients will be automatically enrolled in the TAP program.
Tap offers TAP offers a $10.00 per month discount on home landline telephone service. CLICK HERE to apply.
How do I find out if I’m eligible for assistance?
You may be eligible for assistance if your income is at or below federal guidelines or if you receive benefits from certain assistance programs.
The telephone or broadband service must be in your name. You must show proof that you or a member of your household participates in at least one of the following programs or is income-eligible:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Medicaid/Medical Assistance (MA)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension Benefit Programs
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Tribally-administered Head Start (for those meeting income qualifying standards)
- Tribally-administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
If you do not participate in any of the programs listed above, you may qualify if your income is at or below 135% of the 2022 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines:
Number in Household – Income
1 – $18,347
2 – $24,719
3 – $31,091
4 – $37,463
5 – $43,835
6 – $50,207
7 – $56,579
8 – $62,951
For each additional person, add – $6,372
Eligibility approval and requests for documentation will come via email or mail from Universal Service Administration Company (USAC), Lifeline Support, or National Verifier. Once qualified you will need to contact us with approval information for the discount to be added to your ITC bill.
The National Do Not Call Registry was established by the Federal Trade Commission to offer a choice of receiving telemarketing calls at home or on your cell phone. To register or remove a number from the National Do Not Call Registry you can call, or register online. Registration is free. Telemarketers have 31 days to remove your number from their call lists.
To register online, or to verify a number is on the registry, go to www.donotcall.gov. If you register online, you will receive a confirmation email from donotcall.gov. You must click on the link in the email within 72 hours to complete your registration.
With the Do Not Call Registry, you may still receive political, charitable, debt collection, information, and telephone survey calls. A company can still call if you’ve recently done business with them, or given them permission to contact you. A company must honor your request if you ask them not to call.
Phone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently unless you ask them to remove it.
Start Dialing 10-Digits for Local Calls Today!
CLICK HERE to read the PUC's explanation for this change.
Now through July 5, 2022:
- 10-digit dialing (area code + telephone number) is allowed & should be used
- 7-digit dialing may still work
Starting July 6, 2022:
- 10-digit dialing will be required
- 7-digit dialing will no longer work. A recording will inform you to hang up and dial again using the area code + 7 digits
What is 10-Digit Dialing?
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has adopted 988 as a new three-digit number to be used nationwide to reach the National Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis Lifeline, starting July 16, 2022. In order for 988 to work, 10-digit local dialing must first be implemented. Beginning July 16, 2022, dialing "988" will route your call to the National Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis Lifeline.
What will remain the same?
- Your telephone number, including the current area code, will not change.
- The price of a call, coverage area, EAS, or other rates and services will not change due to the dialing change.
- What is currently a local call will continue to be a local call.
- You will continue to dial 1 + area code + telephone number for all long-distance calls.
- You can still dial just three digits to reach 711 (relay services) and 911 (emergency services).
- Any 211, 311, 411, 511, 611, or 811 services available in your community can still be reached by dialing their three-digit codes.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can still be reached by dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
ITC is your source for simple, honest, and flat long-distance service. With ITC, what you see is what you get. A flat rate per minute at any time of the day, whether you are calling in or out of the state, billed in 6-second increments with no small print and no "creative billing."
Don't forget your capital credits! As an ITC member, you get credits not only on the calls you make in and out of state, but also on the calls people make to you. So, you profit whether you make the call or someone calls you!
If you would like to call a larger local area without incurring long-distance charges, it’s no problem! Just pick and choose the areas you call most and add them to your local service for just a dollar or two a month. It’s an economical way to call toll-free! This is only available to ITC customers. $5.00 service order fee applies.
Click here to see all your Extended Area Service options.
Fees are charged per billing period.
- ITC Notify - Packages Available
- Voice Mail - $3.95
- Voice Mail to Email - $5.95
- Caller ID/Call Waiting - $3.50
- Single Number Service (Find Me) - $4.95
- Call Forwarding - $.50
- 3-Way Calling - $.50
- Telemarketer Call Management - $1.95
- Automatic Recall - $1.50
- Automatic Call Back - $1.50
- Distinctive Ring - $1.25
- Anonymous Call Rejection - $.50
- Selective Call Acceptance - $1.25
- Selective Call Rejection - $1.25
- Teen Line - $1.50
- Easy Line - $2.50
For more info on Calling Features, CLICK HERE.