December 29, 2023
ITC is partnering with area schools to help start esports as a school activity. Esports turns online gaming into a spectator sport centered around organized, competitive gameplay. Esports requires reliable broadband infrastructure to ensure seamless gameplay and connectivity for participants and viewers. Since ITC is a broadband service provider, we are excited to partner with area schools.
Here are the benefits esports participants will experience:
- Cognitive Skills: Esports requires strategic thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills, which can have a positive impact on academic performance.
- Teamwork: Competitive esports promotes teamwork, communication, and cooperation among students, fostering essential social skills.
- Physical Health: Esports can encourage a healthier lifestyle as players often engage in regular physical activities and healthier eating habits to maintain peak performance.
- Educational Engagement: School-sanctioned esports can also build school pride among students who don’t traditionally participate in school activities. Surveys have found esports is the first extracurricular event for as many as 80% of participating students.
- Mental Well-Being: Participation in a school-sponsored esports program can give students a sense of belonging and reduce feelings of isolation.
For the current school year, ITC partnered with Deuel School which has an active esports club. We wish those students the best of luck with their competitions.
If you have any questions about esports, please call ITC at 1.800.417.8667.