- Services and Products
- Find Services In Your Area
- About ITC
- Contact Us
- Grant County
Start Dialing 10-Digits for Local Calls Today!
Now through July 14, 2022:
- 10-digit dialing (area code + telephone number) is allowed & should be used
- 7-digit dialing may still work
Starting July 15, 2022:
- 10-digit dialing will be required
- 7-digit dialing will no longer work. A recording will inform you to hang up and dial again using the area code + 7 digits
What is 10-Digit Dialing?
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has adopted 988 as a new three-digit number to be used nationwide to reach the National Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis Lifeline, starting July 16, 2022. In order for 988 to work, 10-digit local dialing must first be implemented. Beginning July 16, 2022, dialing "988" will route your call to the National Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis Lifeline.
What will remain the same?
- Your telephone number, including the current area code, will not change.
- The price of a call, coverage area, EAS, or other rates and services will not change due to the dialing change.
- What is currently a local call will continue to be a local call.
- You will continue to dial 1 + area code + telephone number for all long-distance calls.
- You can still dial just three digits to reach 711 (relay services) and 911 (emergency services).
- Any 211, 311, 411, 511, 611, or 811 services available in your community can still be reached by dialing their three-digit codes.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can still be reached by dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255).